Get Thought Starters and a Bookmark to Begin Your Journaling Practice
Sometimes we can run into barriers when we journal regularly. For some people, it’s writer’s block, when you are unsure about how to even get started. For others, you write for a few days, but feel like you don’t have anything worth writing about.
For this reason, we wanted to offer some journaling prompts you can refer to when you feel stuck. Plus, you can download our journaling page and bookmark to keep with you if you need a thought-starter in the future.
Thought starters for journaling:
• Practice becoming fully aware. Describe a situation in detail, using all of your senses.
• Write down a few things that you are thankful for and why.
• Explore the people, places and things that help you feel grounded, or most like your true self.
• Write about what it feels like to be loved by another person. Then, offer that same love to yourself.
• Explore your Courage Criteria—the beliefs you value most that you would never want to compromise. What do they say about you?
• Write about a regular day, when you’re not feeling very profound. What do days like this add to your life?
• Are you encountering any barriers to journaling? If so, examine your barriers, and how they feel. What have you learned about yourself as you work through these barriers?
If you find you like these, and the writing prompts on the downloadable bookmark, make journaling an ongoing practice in your life with the Guided Journal. It comes with seven bookmarks that contain writing prompts that help you explore each of our Seven Intentions!
Do you have a favorite journaling topic? Share with us in the comments below!